Before I get into these cheesecakes, I’d like to tell you about a Cooking Planit giveaway that will be going on on the blog!
Remember the giveaway I was telling you about on the Facebook page? Cooking Planit is having an awesome (seriously I would want to it) spice giveaway set that includes 26 of the most commonly used spices that has a retail value of over $100? Now, what if I told you that you will have 50 chances to win? The good news, starting March 4th you will!
The Cooking Planit Spice Giveaway is an great promotion sponsored by the great people at Cooking Planit. They’re giving 50 spice sets to foodie (that’s me!), mommy and tech bloggers to give away to their readers (that’s you!) in any way that they(me) would like, and two sets will be given away each day for 25 days with the first contests starting on March 4th.
I know my readers are a mix of several different kinds of audiences that Cooking Planit is trying to reach including students, teachers, moms, dads, foodies alike, people learning to cook, and some of us who just love to stare at food. Definitely me in that last category.
If you want to find out some more about cooking planit you can see a previous post I did.
What’s included in the spice set?
Top 26 Spices Every Kitchen Should:
- Ground Cumin
- Saigon Cinnamon
- Bay Leaves
- Smoked Paprika
- Garlic Powder
- Mediterranean Oregano
- Onion Powder
- Nutmeg Powder
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Coriander Powder
- Cayenne Pepper
- Ground Cloves
- Chinese Five Spice
- Curry Powder
- Yellow Mustard
- Pennsylvania Pepper
- Cardamon Powder
- Cajun Seasoning
- Allspice Powder
- Hill Country Chili Powder
- Ginger Root Powder
- Manzanillo Mexico Seasoning
How do the contests work?
Each participating site will run their own unique 7-day contest with a winner being announced on the eighth day. That’s 50 total contests and 50 chances to win! I will give you guys details as to how to enter, but you will have to be a member of my Facebook Page first and foremost, and have a US address (or shipping address).
My contest will begin on March 9th so check back then for details. In the meantime, be sure to check out these other blogs for details during their contest period and 49 other chances to win.
About these chocolate cheesecakes now. These are for chocolate lovers.
Really. They’re so creamy but in the best way and bursting with chocolate flavour. I tweaked my original recipe for them and I enjoyed this one so much more – the chocolate doesn’t overpower the cheesecake which is fabulous. Make sure you enjoy them with a great lunch, or you could simply have them for breakfast.
Whatever. That’s what I did. Please don’t tell anyone.
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tbsp of melted butter
- 2 tsp sugar, mixed in afterwards
- Ingredients for the filling :
- 1 packet (8oz) cream cheese
- 2 tbsp of heavy cream
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp melted chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a food processor, mix graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter until well combined.. Divide crumb mixture evenly between the mini cheesecake pan's 12 slots. Using the back of a small spoon press crumbs firmly onto the bottom and set it aside.
- Using a mixer, mix cream cheese, cocoa powder and sugar until blended and combined, about 3 - 4 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time, allowing 15 seconds between each egg. Using a spatula, scrape down the sides of the bowls.
- Add heavy cream and then the melted chocolate.
- Spoon cream cheese mixture into each hole (they should be 3/4 filled).
- Bake for 18 - 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool for at least 20 minutes until pan is cool enough to take cheesecakes out, and place on a wire rack.
- Allow to cool completely and then chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Top with whippped cream and other toppings such as chocolate, dulce de leche or caramel and enjoy!
You could also use oreo crusts for this recipe - use the equivalent amount of crumbled oreos instead of graham crackers and no sugar in the crust.