I went through a phase in life. That phase included OREO cookies, OREO cookies, and more OREO cookies. That phase also included (and still includes) a friend named Kellie (who I named a cupcake after) who told me she had seen deep fried OREOs. And that she was dying to try them. I don’t think I will ever be as OREO obsesses as Kellie to try deep fried OREOs, but I came pretty close.
These truffles, on the other hand? Well, I’m not sure they will be JUST a phase. They might be a lifetime addiction. You see, they’re pretty easy to gobble down. I’m talking a handful at a time. I’m talking OREOs crumbs and cream cheese mixed together in between a hard irresistible chocolate shell, begging for you to crack it open to reveal the prize.
And crack open I did. These aren’t just perfect for your Valentine, they’re perfect for anyone who you want to have a wonderful day ever in life.
But just be careful…they might fall in love with you.
- 1 (16 ounce) package OREO Chocolate Sandwich Cookies, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) package PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 (8 ounce) packages BAKER’S Semi Sweet Baking Chocolate, melted
- Crush 9 of the cookies to fine crumbs in food processor; reserve for later use. (Cookies can also be finely crushed in a resealable plastic bag using a rolling pin.) Crush remaining 36 cookies to fine crumbs; place in medium bowl. Add cream cheese; mix until well blended. Roll cookie mixture into 42 balls, about 1-inch in diameter.
- Dip balls in chocolate; place on wax paper-covered baking sheet. (Any leftover chocolate can be stored at room temperature for another use.) Sprinkle with reserved cookie crumbs.
- Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour. Store leftover truffles, covered, in refrigerator.