I’ve always had a love for both cheesecake and brownies but the combination of cheesecake brownies definitely takes it over to top. You get the fudgy consistency of brownies with the chocolate-y goodness and the creamy, consistent texture of cheesecake. I love the red velvet addition because it means that these are a combination of all three of my favourite desserts!
They are perfect for Valentine’s Day and will light up the little light bulb of any sweetheart that you give these babies to. I love how fudgy they compared to some brownie recipes I have tasted. Give these a try and let me know what you think!
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 2 ounce unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon red food colouring
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 8 ounces cream cheese, well softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 350°F. Butter an 8-inch square baking pan.
- Heat butter and chocolate in a 3-quart heavy saucepan over moderately low heat, whisking occasionally, just until melted. Remove from heat and whisk in sugar, eggs, vanilla, and a pinch of salt until well combined. Whisk in flour, red food colouring and vinegar until just combined and spread in baking pan.
- Whisk together cheesecake batter ingredients in a small bowl until smooth. Dollop over brownie batter, then spread/swirl with a knife or spatula.
- Optional: Swirl Strawberry topping into cheesecake topping.
- Bake until edges are slightly puffed and center is just set, about 35 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature, but I love to serve these cold.