I made this spread for a games night with my friends the other night. The games night itself was intense but fun beyond belief (we ended up playing until 2 AM the next morning – who knew Taboo was that much fun? Of course, in between my different two teams winning (ahem) we had our food breaks., as no good Games Night has under 5000 calories per person. I was asked to bring a dip and literally grabbed for items in my house since the supermarket was closed by that time, hoping it would turn out great.
Apparently, it turned out more than good. It was great. Or, as according to Mr. Jessiker Bakes it “started a revolution”. That’s when I decided to taste it (shhhh!!) and decided that it was the best dip I’ve made, and had, in a long time. Can you say loved? Next to spicy guacamole of course. But that’s for another post.
This spread/dip is great for any kind of party occassion, or I’m-feeling-like-overdosing-on-cream-cheese snack attacks. I think my favourite part is that the cream cheese isn’t over-powering; in fact none of the flavours are over-powering; they just work together.Here’s a fun factor – I used fat free cream cheese. I think everyone who inhaled this will be quite happy to hear that. I will leave you to peace now with this spread, enjoy and Happy Friday!
P.S. This starts the week of (okay a bit more than a week) of Super Bowl Sunday Ready recipes on Jessiker Bakes! You can expect a ton of Super Bowl Sunday Ready foods, dips, drinks, everyday, to help you prepare for the big day. I’ve already been requested to bake for my friend’s party so you’ll get a shot of that too. What are your Super Bowl Sunday plans?
- 1 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup pesto sauce
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Italian Seasoning (basil, oregano, parsley)
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Mix the pesto and cream cheese together until cream cheese has broken up.
- Mix everything else into the pesto cream cheese mix except the olive oil until well combined.
- Add in the olive oil and incorporate well.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until needed.
adapted from food.com